The MecoP Institute
The Institute of Microeconomics and economics of the Public sector (MecoP) conducts applied research in economics with the
following main goals:
- To develop, test and apply new methods and instruments in the field of microeconomics.
- To promote young researchers' education and knowledge transfer to students.
- To stand out as a competence center in analyzing the industrial sector, the private and public service industry and health economics.
The institute focuses on the following research topics:
- Economic analyis of transport, energy, tourism, telecomunications and health.
- Regulation, deregulation and privatization in several economic sectors.
- Analysis on consumers, firms and markets behaviour.
- Efficiency and effectiveness evaluation of local public goods.
- Economic evaluation of envirnomental and public goods.
- Health Economics.
- Regulation of public utilities industry.